For information contact:
About the Walk-A-Thon
The MG Walk-A-Thon is set for Saturday, May 11th beginning at 10:00 AM ~ registration begins at 9:45 AM in the parking lot of Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 580 Ratzer Road, Wayne, NJ. This approximate 3-mile walk around Packanack Lake will help create awareness and raise funds for research, patient services, public education and information in the fight against Myasthenia Gravis.
Myasthenia Gravis (MG) is a chronic disabling autoimmune, neuromuscular disease of severe crippling weakness. Symptoms include but are not limited to difficulty in moving, breathing, chewing, swallowing, speaking and seeing. Often misdiagnosed, MG can be fatal if untreated.
The idea of organizing a Walk-A-Thon for Myasthenia Gravis (MG) came to Kelley DeVincentis twelve years ago while she was suffering in ICU from that very same disease. Just five months later, Kelley successfully executed the First Annual Myasthenia Gravis (MG) Walk-A-Thon. It was an extraordinary challenge for Kelley, as she continues to suffer from this chronic, autoimmune neuromuscular disease that can cause severe muscle weakness.
This year, please expect the following:
- Free T-Shirt while supplies last.
- Chance to win fun prizes!
- Free water, snacks and sandwiches.
If you are unable to walk, you can participate by doing the following:
- Ask your family, friends, neighbors, classmates and/or co-workers to walk for you
- Ask your company if they have a matching gift program
- Ask your company to donate product/funds
- Be a volunteer at the MG Walk-A-Thon
- Provide a monetary donation
- Bring a chair, come, sit… and see what all the fuss is about!